The most abundant free amino acid in the human body which promotes digestive and brain health including but not limited to muscle growth, optimal athletic performance, and increased Human Growth Hormone (HGH) levels. It is found in both animal and plant proteins and some research has even made claims stating that it fights cancer and high blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
One of the things about glutamine that many people do not know is that it improves gastrointestinal health because it helps rebuild and repair the stomach lining. A damaged stomach lining can be the cause of ulcers, gastritis, or leaky gut syndrome!
Here are the top ten benefits of Glutamine:
- Helps heal stomach lining.
- Improves gastrointestinal health and populates good bacteria.
- Assists with memory, concentration, and focus.
- Helps with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Promotes Muscle Growth and increases HGH.
- Speeds up recovery and increases athletic performance.
- Boosts metabolism and helps detox liver.
- Reduces cravings for sugar and carbohydrates.
- Balances blood sugar.
- Works as a very strong antioxidant!
“People crave laughter as if it were an essential amino acid.” -Patch Adams